Iran Sends Fresh Proposal to US via Pakistan as Talks Stall Amid Ceasefire Tensions

Iran Sends Fresh Proposal to US via Pakistan as Talks Stall Amid Ceasefire Tensions

Iran has sent a fresh proposal to the United States through Pakistan as diplomatic efforts continue amid stalled talks, according to officials. The details of the offer have not been disclosed, keeping the situation largely opaque.

So far, both sides have held only one round of negotiations following nearly 40 days of conflict that began on February 28. A fragile ceasefire is currently in place, but progress toward a lasting resolution remains limited.

Talks slowed significantly after the United States imposed a naval blockade, while Iran responded by restricting movement through the Strait of Hormuz. These actions heightened tensions and complicated diplomatic engagement.

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi has also been actively engaging with regional countries, exploring possible pathways to de-escalate the conflict and revive negotiations.

Markets reacted positively to the latest developments. US futures moved higher, Nasdaq futures turned positive, bond losses reversed, and oil prices declined, reflecting optimism around a potential easing of tensions.

Pakistani officials stated that Iran’s latest response to US peace deal terms has already been conveyed to American officials, according to CBS News. This indicates that backchannel diplomacy is still ongoing despite public silence.

The White House declined to comment on the proposal. Deputy Press Secretary Anna Kelly told Agence France-Presse that private diplomatic discussions would not be detailed. She reiterated that President Donald Trump remains firm that Iran cannot possess nuclear weapons, while negotiations continue with US national security in focus.

Trump: Iran Deal Bid Not Good Enough, Leadership Divided, Warns on Nuclear Threat

US President Donald Trump said Iran is now seeking a deal because its military has been largely weakened, but made it clear he is not satisfied with the current terms. He described Iran’s leadership as “very disjointed” and struggling with internal issues.

He said the US military remains strong and is moving toward “another big victory,” adding that the Strait of Hormuz is now “totally 100% shut down” and operations so far have been “flawless.”

On strategy, Trump said the US has two clear choices: either “go in heavy and blast the hell out of them” or try to reach a deal. He stressed he prefers to avoid military action “on a human basis,” but said it remains a real option.

He also defended not seeking congressional approval for extending war measures, saying such approval has “never been required” and is viewed as unconstitutional, while noting that his administration is still in contact with Congress.

Trump confirmed that a small amount of weapons was sent to support Iranian demonstrators, but said he is “not happy with the delivery” and “not thrilled with it.” He added that “the Kurds did not deliver the weapons,” suggesting a failure in execution.

He also praised Pakistan, saying the US has great respect for its leadership and ongoing cooperation. He said talks are continuing over the phone with some progress, but a final deal is still uncertain. Trump also criticized Italy and Spain over their stance on Iran’s nuclear ambitions, warning that a nuclear-armed Iran would create unprecedented global risks.

Update: Iran calls Strait of Hormuz its ‘atomic bomb’, rejects talks on key oil route

Iran has described the Strait of Hormuz as its “atomic bomb,” signalling it sees the passage as a major strategic weapon. Officials said the waterway will not return to its pre-war status, following directions from Ali Khamenei.

Tehran has shared a 14-point proposal through Pakistan, focusing first on reopening the strait before any nuclear negotiations. However, Donald Trump said he is not satisfied with the offer.

Reports suggest Iran is exploring unconventional tactics, including using mine-carrying dolphins and potentially targeting undersea communication cables in the region, raising global security concerns.

More From Author

India Flags Fiscal Stress as Oil Surge Risks Rs 50,000 Cr Subsidy Spike, Fuel Hike Looms

India Flags Fiscal Stress as Oil Surge Risks Rs 50,000 Cr Subsidy Spike, Fuel Hike Looms

white flag marked near the saudi arabia

OPEC Plus Sparks Oil Market Buzz with Fresh Output Move for June 2026

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *